Date:April 27th, 2023
08:45 am-12:00 pm
An on-site ABET visit is an important step in the accreditation process for engineering programs. In this workshop, we will help program teams review preparation steps, tasks, and the details of an ABET visit, along with the value and outcomes of such a visit. We will cover how to prepare for an ABET visit effectively and efficiently, whether online or in-person. Additionally, we will explore how to assemble supporting materials and evidence to be presented at an on-site visit to demonstrate programs’ compliance with ABET criteria and policies.
Workshop outcomes include:
- Participants will gain a clear understanding of the ABET on-site visit process and its value in the accreditation process.
- Participants will learn about the preparation steps and tasks required to prepare for a successful ABET visit, whether online or in-person.
- Participants will gain insights on how to assemble supporting materials and evidence required at an on-site visit to demonstrate programs’ compliance with ABET criteria and policies.
- Participants will explore how to maximize their resources during ABET visits and present evidence effectively.
- The program teams will be able to improve their progress and preparations in preparation for an actual ABET evaluation.
|Preparing for ABET Visit and Program Display Materials - Phenikaa University (PU)|
|8:45 - 9:00||Registration and Zoom Sign-in|
|9:00 - 9:05||Welcome to Workshop|
|9:05 - 9:45||
Review of Preparation Steps and Tasks
|9:45 - 10:30||
Effective Communication between Programs & ABET Evaluation Team
|10:30 – 10:45||Break|
|10:45 – 11:15||
Preparing Your Programs for a Successful ABET Visit
|11:15 – 12:00||
Display Materials: A Key Tool During Program Evaluation
|12:00||Wrap-up and thank you!|