- Date:July 13th, 2022 - August 6th, 2022
The BUILD-IT Digital Pedagogy in Higher Education faculty development program was designed, developed, and implemented in collaboration with the BUILD-IT team and the strategic institutional partners to provide faculty with insights into best teaching practices for digital immersion learning in higher education in Vietnam. This 3-week, 20-hour training will cover everything from the operational definitions across the online learning spectrum to assessment in an online environment. The structure of the course allows for faculty to engage in asynchronous pre-learning activities on their own before meeting with colleagues during the virtual engagement sessions on weekends. Faculty who participate in this training should expect to achieve these outcomes set by the core development team:
After the completion of the Digital Pedagogy in Higher Education training, faculty will be able to:
- Identify preferred teaching modality and how that aligns with university stakeholder’s interests and the university’s future strategy for digital education.
- Differentiate between methodologies and best practices between a traditional face to face environment and an online environment.
- Explore, assess, and integrate digital tools, platforms, and applications into both their traditional and online courses effectively.
- Create an online learning environment conducive to providing students with pathways to help them achieve their learning objectives and course outcomes.
Week 1 Topics:
- Online Learning Spectrum
- Course Organization and Structure
- Content Creation and Lesson Planning
Week 2 Topics:
- Interaction Styles
- Active Learning in an Online Environment
Week 3 Topics:
- Digital Tools
|07/13/2022 (8AM - 9AM)||Orientation||Online - Asynchronous|
|07/18/2022 - 07/22/2022||Week 1 Pre-Learning||Online - Asynchronous|
|07/23/2022 (9:00 - 13:00)||Week 1 Face to Face||Online - Asynchronous|
|07/25/2022 - 07/29/2022||Week 2 Pre-Learning||Online - Asynchronous|
|07/30/2022 (9:00 - 13:00)||Week 2 Face to Face||Online - Asynchronous|
|08/01/2022 - 08/05/2022||Week 3 Pre-Learning||Online - Asynchronous|
|08/06/2022 (9:00 - 13:00)||Week 3 Face to Face||Online - Asynchronous|